Three die in freak mishap
Three Die in Freak Mishap, Sarvajana Hospital. Mishap took place when petrol caught fire and engulfed the house where seven members of a family, including four kids, were present
- Four undergoing treatment at the hospital
- Condition of three is stated to be critical
Mishap took place when petrol caught fire and engulfed the house where seven members of a family, including four kids, were present
In a ghastly fire mishap, three persons of a family were killed among seven who sustained serious burn injuries at Raninagar in the town on Wednesday.
According to sources, Raju was working as a mason, while his wife Srilakshmi was selling petrol to help her husband to run the family. On the fateful day, Raju left for work, while his wife had tried to take the can of petrol, which was kept on the loft, but it slipped from her hands and spilled over in the house, as the stove was on for cooking soon fire engulfed the house. And as a result seven of the family members - Sri Lakshmi, her eight-month-old son, three-year-old Nanda Kishore, her daughters Jyothi (7), Chaya (5), Srilakshmi’s elder sister Muthyalamma, and younger sister Sarswathi, who were present in the house, caught fire and suffered severe burn injuries.
Locals, who witnessed the freak mishap, rushed them to Sarvajana Hospital in the town. Eight-month-old boy, Nanda Kishore (3) and one more family member succumbed to burn injuries, while the condition of Jyothi, Chaya and Srilakshmi is stated to be critical. The doctors stated that Muthyalamma and Sarswathi can survive if better treatment is provided. DSO Shanta Kumari, One Town CI Gorantla Madhav and SI Zakir rushed to the spot and enquired with the locals as to how the mishap took place. Later, they went to the hospital and consoled the injured and told the doctors to provide better treatment. Leaders belonging to political parties paid a visit to the hospital and consoled the injured.