X
X
Top
ADVERTISEMENT

Make loan waiver successful

Make loan waiver successful
x
Highlights

Make loan waiver successful, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said that farmers empowerment programme would be held from December 11 to 16 in all village panchayats as part of the loan waiver programme.

Kakinada (East Godavari): Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu said that farmers empowerment programme would be held from December 11 to 16 in all village panchayats as part of the loan waiver programme. Addressing the District Collectors through a video conference from Hyderabad on Tuesday, he said that loan waiver certificates would be distributed to all the farmers during those six days.
Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu holding a video conference with District Collectors from Hyderabad on Tuesday
Chandrababu Naidu said that along with the distribution of loan waiving certificates, the officials of the Department of Rural Development should also take steps to disburse old age pensions to all the eligible persons. Similarly, compensation should be given to all those affected by the Hudhud cyclone which ravaged Viskhapatnam and other coastal districts, he said.

The Chief Minister said that the District Collectors and other officials concerned should read out the decisions taken during the last Janmabhoomi and Maa Vooru programme on various issues of development at the farmers’ empowerment sessions and explain to them about the steps that were being taken to implement them. He said that the entire amount would be waived to the farmers who took loans below Rs 50,000 and 20 % of the loan would be cleared for those who took loans ranging between Rs 50,000 and Rs 1.50 lakh. For the remaining 80 % of the loan amount, 10 % of the loan would be cleared initially and the rest of the amount would be cleared in phases, he said.

The Chief Minister directed the officials to take adequate precautionary measures to ensure no eligible farmer was left out of the loan waiver scheme and also see that money was not siphoned off by ineligible farmers. He told the Collectors that the loan waiver programme should be fool-proof and successful. Chandrababu directed the officials to create awareness among the farmers regarding mechanised farming during the Farmers Empowerment Programme.


He said that farmers cultivating vegetables and fruits in horticultural gardens should also be given Rs 10,000 for each acre of land.

The Chief Minister said that two bank accounts should be opened for each house or family in connection with the Prime Minister’s Jan Dhan Yojana. He said that the amounts would be credited only if the farmers and others have Aadhaar -linked bank accounts.

Deputy Chief Minister N Chinarajappa, Rajanagaram MLA P Venkatesh, Additional Joint Collector D Markendeyulu, Trainee Collector Shashank and others were present.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories