- 1.77L farmers get Rs 133.48 cr benefit under Rythu Bharosa
- Sreenivas Rao new DG (NS&M) of DRDO
- Govt will support farmers, says Botcha
- Visakhapatnam Port Authority sets new records
- TDP leader Venkanna comes down heavily on IT Minister
- Educational institutions, petrol bunks refuse to accept Rs 2,000 notes
- Prakasam district Police rescue kidnapped man within 12 hours
- Vijayawada: Farmers stage protest in support of agitating wrestlers
- 9 years of Modi govt: Sunil Deodhar campaigns in EG dist
- 2.84 lakh farmers benefited under Rythu Bharosa: Minister Suresh
CPM condemns Aganwadi workers’ arrest
District Committee of CPM condemned the arrests of Anganwadi workers while staging a protest in front of the CM’s camp office in Vijayawada on Friday demanding that the government should issue the GO on enhanced wages.
Visakhapatnam: District Committee of CPM condemned the arrests of Anganwadi workers while staging a protest in front of the CM’s camp office in Vijayawada on Friday demanding that the government should issue the GO on enhanced wages.
District secretary K Lokanadham alleged that the government has not kept its promise of increasing wages of Anganwadi workers when they launched State-wide agitation in 2014. He condemned the police for fixing barricades with iron mesh around the CM’s office to prevent the entry of agitators. The Chief Minister, who promised before elections that his government will work for the welfare of working class, has been indulging in anti-worker policies now and the irate working class will teach a lesson to him.
He demanded that the government should issue the related GO to the already hiked wages of Anganwadi workers failing which the agitation will be intensified.
Lokanadham demanded that the government should initiate a stern action against those indulging in the Call Money lending and to protect the victims from the clutches of money lenders.