- Machilipatnam: Finish medical college works by June-end, APMSIDC chief to officials
- YS Jagan rules out early polls in Andhra Pradesh
- Telangana BJP leaders welcome MSP hike of various crops
- 39% of women believe men calling their ex ‘crazy’ is a warning sign
- Hyderabad: Cancellation of trains
- Rayalaseema will be made horticulture hub: Nara Lokesh
- Andhra Pradesh to replace CPS with GPS
- Noted RTI activist from MP Anand Rai joins BRS
- Digitalisation of services: Despite govt claims, middlemen make a killing at service centres
- IPL is envy of world but Test can't be sacrificed
Pochampalli Ikat art mela showcases various designs for wardrobe and home
Famous Pochampalli style with Ikat work in the form of rich Mulberry silk saris, traditional bed spreads, household purposes were put up for a display and sale at Sri Vidya Sadan in the city on Monday.
Famous Pochampalli style with Ikat work in the form of rich Mulberry silk saris, traditional bed spreads, household purposes were put up for a display and sale at Sri Vidya Sadan in the city on Monday. The expo showcases various designs in pochampally work for regular and occasional uses.
Speaking about the exhibition, Pochampally Ikat Art Mela organiser and marketing manager of Pochampally Handloom Park D Sayesh said that the expo brings the glorious masterpieces of handwoven fabric from weavers to public. The variety includes not just saris but also salwar suits, kurthas, scarves, stoles and bed spreads besides shirt materials.
For the College going and working women, hand bags, pouches, purses, lunch bags are available in different sizes, he said. The expo is open till January 3 and a discount of upto 20 per cent is being offered on the entire range of products, he said. One of the directors of the Handloom Park, B Nagarjuna was also present during the inauguration.