- 4th Test: Root, Foakes bat out entire session as England reach 198/5 at tea
- Atlantis The Royal welcomes Louis Vuitton's Iconic Mascot, Vivienne
- India’s GDP to log 6.4% growth in Q3 FY24
- Google's AI chatbot Gemini violates India's IT laws: Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- Celebrities' influence on the fragrance business
- Samsung launches new fitness tracker 'Galaxy Fit3' in India
- Key investors move NCLT against Byju’s rights issue, firm says yet to get any petition
- WPL created a platform for young players to achieve their dreams: Beth Mooney
- Goldman Sachs downgrades key banking stocks, says goldilocks period over
- India and Netherlands to enhance maritime security in Indian Ocean Region
Organic farming advocated
District Collector Veera Pandian visited groundnut, grape and other horticulture plantations at Korrakodu village on Friday under the AP Drought Mitigation Programme (APDMP).
Anantapur: District Collector Veera Pandian visited groundnut, grape and other horticulture plantations at Korrakodu village on Friday under the AP Drought Mitigation Programme (APDMP).
Addressing the farmers on the occasion, Pandian advised the farmers to go for organic cultivation of all crops for eating a healthy diet. He said that organic farming also helps to achieve higher productivity. He said that lift irrigation ensures optimum utilisation of scarce water resources.
Farmers should raise cattle and chicken for supplementing family income, he added. The Collector promised to set up a veterinary hospital at Korrakodu village.