- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
- PM kickstarts LS polls campaign from 'lucky Yavatmal', slams UPA regime's graft
- Congress to make declaration on special category status to Andhra
- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
- STEM education: How advancement in tech taking major impact on students
Telugu States Should be merged again if Centre backtracks on Special Status
Special Category Status is the right of people of Andhra Pradesh, said BC association national president Derangula Uday Kiran.
Hyderabad: Special Category Status is the right of people of Andhra Pradesh, said BC association national president Derangula Uday Kiran.
Speaking to media persons here in Hyderabad on Thursday, the BC leaders demanded that both the Telugu states should be again merged if the Centre could not fulfill the assurances made to the people for bifurcation.
The TDP government which had promised to fight tooth and nail for the special status, has duped the people in the end.
While the states like Assam, Nagaland, Jammu and Kashmir, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mijoram, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, were granted with special status tag, what is stopping the Centre to do it for Andhra Pradesh, he questioned.