- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
- A bowl of yoghurt daily may help boost mental health
- Rajasthan Congress leader pens last letter as MLA, thanks critics
- HC expresses displeasure over lack of cooperation from Delhi govt on space for judicial officers
- Mastermind behind stealing & selling SUVs to northeast states arrested
- Increase in BSF's jurisdiction does not take away powers of Punjab Police, says Supreme Court
- Delhi HC directs CBI to submit charge sheet against Nair, Boinpally in excise policy case
- Delhi: 'Prolonged' delay in SpiceJet flight departure leaves passengers frustrated
- BMC gets serious about Mumbai air pollution, invites EoI for artificial rains
Follow in footsteps of Uyyalawada
Tourism Minister Bhuma Akhila Priya said Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy was a great freedom fighter, who has fought against the British to free India from their clutches.
Kurnool: Tourism Minister Bhuma Akhila Priya said Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy was a great freedom fighter, who has fought against the British to free India from their clutches. She participated as a chief guest at a blood donation camp held marking the great freedom fighter’s death anniversary at Indian Red Cross Society on Thursday. District Collector S Satyanarayana also accompanied the Minister.
Speaking on the occasion, Akhila Priya stated that she is very fortunate as Uyyalawada village falls in Kurnool district. The Minister said everyone should follow his footsteps by taking his life as an inspiration. District Collector S Satyanarayana said organising a blood donation camp marking the death of great freedom fighter is a novel initiative.
“It is our responsibility to let know the future generations about the life history of Narasimha Reddy,” he stated. He further advised the people not to believe in false rumours about blood donation as the donated blood will give life to others, who are in dire need.
On this occasion, the organisers of blood donation camp gave a representation to the Collector urging him to ensure his death anniversary is observed across the district from next year onwards.
Prior to the blood donation camp, the Minister, Collector and others garlanded the portrait of Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy. Panyam MLA, Gouru Charitha Reddy, Kurnool District Cooperative Commercial (KDCC) Bank President Mallikarjuna Reddy and others present.