- Santosh Trophy 2024: Focus on traditional powers as eight teams battle it out in quarters
- Run Archery trialled for the first time in UAE at the Fazza Para-Archery World Ranking Tournament
- Why women are thrice more at risk of migraines than men
- Security tightened for PM Modi's visit to Chennai on Monday
- Everyone benefiting from schemes without any discrimination under Modi govt: Yogi Adityanath
- Majority of apps yet to be relisted on Google Play: Industry body
- UP govt to hold one-day meet on tackling drought through technology
- Chinese President Xi Jinping congratulates Shehbaz Sharif on election as Pakistan's PM
- Schools of Eminence will give wings to dreams: Punjab CM
- "Ram Charan Joins Khan Trio: Naatu Naatu Dance | SRK's Jai Shri Ram"
CPI to take up Jala Deeksha today
CPI city unit secretary Donepudi Shankar said that they would take up ‘Jala Deeksha’ demanding Special Category Status at Durga Ghat in the Krishna River on Wednesday.
Vijayawada: CPI city unit secretary Donepudi Shankar said that they would take up ‘Jala Deeksha’ demanding Special Category Status at Durga Ghat in the Krishna River on Wednesday.
The rank and file of the city CPI would participate in the protest, he said. ‘Jala Deeksha’ was proposed as part of expressing solidarity with the leaders of various parties staging protests in New Delhi, he said.
The Centre should announce Special Category Status and other benefits as per the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, he said.