- The Indian Investor's Guide to Monthly Profits: 5 Income-Boosting Strategies
- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank distributes loans worth 15 crore to Self Help Groups
The Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank (APGB), Assistant General Manager, Shiva Shankar Reddy has said that an educated woman is like a glowing lamp that illuminates the entire society. So, it is important to impart quality education to girl children. The bank has grandly celebrated International Women’s day celebrations at its Nandyal Regional Bank premises. Self Help Groups
Kurnool: The Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank (APGB), Assistant General Manager, Shiva Shankar Reddy has said that an educated woman is like a glowing lamp that illuminates the entire society. So, it is important to impart quality education to girl children. The bank has grandly celebrated International Women’s day celebrations at its Nandyal Regional Bank premises.
Later the AGM said that on the occasion, five women professionals who are eminent in their respective fields were felicitated. Dr Sindhu Sree (Gynaecologist), Dr N Kamakshi (Agriculture Scientist), Yamuna (Public Prosecutor), G Susheelamma (Retired Manager, APGB) and M Naga Lakshmi (Head Mistress, ZPH School, Govindapelle) were felicitated by the APGB.
The AGM also said that the Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank (APGB) is playing vital role in empowering the women by extending loans to Self Help Groups (SHGs), Mudra Loans and Self Help Entrepreneur (SHE) Schemes.
An amount of Rs.20 lakhs is given without any collateral. Women are busy in strengthening, nurturing the family, institution and the Nation. He made references to Defence Minister Nirmala Seetharaman in this regard. He said every woman should take her as an inspiration.
Shiva Shankar Reddy said that an educated and literate woman is like a glowing lamp that could illuminate the surroundings and the family. APGB provided assistance to the tune of Rs.17 crore to women out of a total business of Rs.3229 in the financial year.
On this occasion, the AGM presented cheques to the borrowers of Self Help Group members to the tune of Rs. 15 Crores. He along with the association members presented a cheque of Rs.2.14 lakh to Veena the widow of their sub staff Gopi who had worked at Cumbam branch.
The regional office staff women welfare association members Jaya Devi, Krishna Veni, Bhargavi, Chief Manager, Jaya Kumar, Senior Manager, Ravi Mohan, officer’s association members, SV Prasad, Maddileti, Narendra, Subbrami Reddy, Rasheed and others were present.