- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Fervour marks celestial wedding
As part of Navahnika Brahmostavams of Sri Kodandarama Swamy temple, Srirama Kalyanam was performed at Vontimitta on Friday night. The festival idols of Lord Srirama, Goddess Sita and Lakshmana Swamy were arranged on a high-rise platform decorated with flowers. Prior to the Kalyonatsavam, Rithviks performed Kalasa Sthapana Mahotsavam.
Kadapa: As part of Navahnika Brahmostavams of Sri Kodandarama Swamy temple, Srirama Kalyanam was performed at Vontimitta on Friday night. The festival idols of Lord Srirama, Goddess Sita and Lakshmana Swamy were arranged on a high-rise platform decorated with flowers. Prior to the Kalyonatsavam, Rithviks performed Kalasa Sthapana Mahotsavam.
On behalf of the State government, Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and his wife Nara Bhuvaneswari offered silk clothes and Mutyala Talambralua to the presiding deity on the occasion. Vedic Pundits headed by temple chief priest Kankana Bhattar Rajakumar received them with temple honours. The celestial wedding was performed amidst chanting of Vedic hymns, Nada Swaram and beating of drums.
The divine couple were united in wedlock in ‘Uttara Nakshtrayukta Lagnam’ at the glittering ceremony.
Earlier the festival Idols of Lord Rama and His consort Sita were brought to the Kalyanamandapam in a ceremonial procession. The Idols were adorned with jewelry. A festive sprit prevailed as scores of devotees who thronged the temple from surrounding areas witnessed the elaborate divine wedding ceremony soaked in divine bliss.
The entire premises of the Kalyanamandapam echoed with Vedic Chants during the fete that lasted more than two hours. Earlier, the Chief Minister inaugurated pilgrims amenities complex at the temple. District in-charge Minister S Chandra- mohan Reddy, District Minister C Adinarayana Reddy, Rajampet MLA and government Whip M Mallikarjuna Reddy and others were present.