- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
- PM kickstarts LS polls campaign from 'lucky Yavatmal', slams UPA regime's graft
- Congress to make declaration on special category status to Andhra
- J&K Muslim Conference's both factions declared unlawful associations
- Nifty logs its biggest point and per cent loss in 25 sessions
- KIUG 2023: Chandigarh University men, Adamas University women clinch badminton team golds
- Hyundai Motor India commits to reach RE100 benchmark by 2025, targeting 100 pc use of renewable energy
- Check out 5 Series & Documentaries To watch On This National Science Day
- 7 in 10 digital devices people use saw ownership drop globally in 2023: Report
Round-Table 77 lauded for yeoman service
The Vizag Round-Table 77, affiliated to Round- Table India launched several education related activities during the year 2017-18, including construction of school buildings, additional classrooms, toilet blocks, solar power to schools in the north Andhra districts.
Visakhapatnam: The Vizag Round-Table 77, affiliated to Round- Table India launched several education related activities during the year 2017-18, including construction of school buildings, additional classrooms, toilet blocks, solar power to schools in the north Andhra districts.
Addressing the media on Friday, Chairman of Vizag Round-Table 77 Naveen Perla said that during the past 15 years , RTI has built close to 2,500 schools impacting one million underprivileged children across the country under its flagship National Project ‘Freedom Through Education’.
The VRT 77 built 20 schools in and around Visakhapatnam, Kottavalsa, Paderu, Hukumpet and Battili. Besides building schools, it also provided benches in the classrooms, drinking water and conducting personality development programmes to underprivileged children.
A 2 KW solar power plant at Vasant Bala School located at Guruduwara Junction was installed, Naveen said.During 2017-18 fiscal, 10 projects were completed in Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam district at a cost of Rs 1.30 crore, he added.