- Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- After delay, Vande Bharat to connect Bengaluru, Dharwad
- Karwar Port triumphs over legal challenges, ready for iron ore export
- Top surfers in action as 4th edition of Indian Open Surfing begins
- IAF light aircraft crashes on farmland, pilots escape alive
- Modi to be invited for ‘Pran Pratishtha’ of Ram temple
- Rajasthan ranks number 1 in milk production
- Zero bill for 100 units of electricity in Raj: Gehlot
- Tamil Nadu CM Stalin backs Kejriwal on Ordinance
Commitment, dedication will help achieve goals: MSK Prasad
BCCI Selection Committee chairman MSK Prasad advised the students to fix their target at a high level and try to reach it Many cricket stars reached heights due to their commitment, dedication and punctuality, he said
Rajamahendravaram: BCCI Selection Committee chairman MSK Prasad advised the students to fix their target at a high level and try to reach it. Many cricket stars reached heights due to their commitment, dedication and punctuality, he said.
Addressing the students in connection with the National Sports Day at Nannaya University here on Wednesday, he said majority of people in the country like cricket and hence the popularity of the game had gone up significantly. Hence, more youngsters were taking to the sport.
He said players like Virat Kohli and M S Dhoni achieved laurels for the country due to their sheer hard work and commitment towards the sport that they chosen to be their career activity. MSK Prasad told authorities at Nannaya University to enter into an MOU with Andhra Pradesh Cricket Association to develop sports in the university.
MoUs can be signed with world-class academies to organise national level tournaments, he said. He also suggested that the university can build a sports stadium of international standards.
Dronacharya awardee I Venkateswara Rao asked the students to work hard to achieve their goals. Vice-Chancellor Professor Murru Mutyala Naidu said hockey legend Dhyan Chand said the university was giving top priority for the development of Telugu language and sports. Later, the Vice-Chancellor felicitated MSK Prasad, I Venkateswara Rao and noted historian Y S Narasimha Rao.