No notice from SC Commission on Jagan attack case, says DGP R P Thakur

No notice from SC Commission on Jagan attack case, says DGP R P Thakur
x
Highlights

Director General of Police R P Thakur on Friday said that the police did not receive any notice from the SC, ST Commission regarding the life threat to J Srinivas Rao, accused in the case of attack on the Opposition leader and YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy

Vijayawada: Director General of Police R P Thakur on Friday said that the police did not receive any notice from the SC, ST Commission regarding the life threat to J Srinivas Rao, accused in the case of attack on the Opposition leader and YSR Congress president YS Jaganmohan Reddy.

It may be recalled that the accused Srinivas Rao lamented before the press that there was a threat to his life. Subsequently, the Mala Mahanadu in a letter to the National SC,ST Commission has taken the issue to its notice. The Commission reportedly wrote a letter to Visakhapatnam Commissioner of Police Mahesh Chandra Laddha seeking his response in one-month time on the issue.

Talking to newsmen at the ACB office, the DGP said that the police have so far not received any notice. The DGP stated that the police custody was ending on Friday and the investigating officer would take a suitable decision in this respect.

In case of any incident, the police record the statement of victim and the police tried twice to take the statement of Jaganmohan Reddy but he refused to give it, the DGP said and added that the police would strive to get the statement once again. “If it is not possible, the police would explore other ways to get it,” he said.

Referring to the security to the Opposition leader, he said the police department would review the security measures and take suitable action depending on the report submitted by the SP of the district concerned. He made it clear that the security of each and everyone in the State including Jaganmohan Reddy was the responsibility of police department.

The DGP, who also holds the additional charge of Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), said that several measures are underway to prevent corruption in the government departments. “The ACB has achieved considerable progress after introducing tollfree number 1100,” he said and thanked the media for its unstinted support to the ACB.

The State is now in the third place from the last in corruption which proved the efficacy of the ACB, he said. Expressing concern over the increasing corruption in several government departments as per various surveys, he said the ACB would take suitable action after analysing the surveys.

He said that conviction rate in ACB cases has of late been increased and the ACB has succeeded in handing over the money to the victims in trap cases.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Next Story
More Stories