- Hyderabad Public School plans grand finale of centenary celebrations
- University of North Florida Dean Visited GITAM
- GITAM Organises CPR Awareness Program
- Karnataka government invites startups to provide tech solutions
- Inculcating experience-oriented education amongst growing children India
- Google introduces Gemini GenAI model for highly complex tasks
- Why being mindful of heart health during winter is crucial
- J&K’s two bills seek to nominate two Kashmiri migrant community members: Shah
- Mahindra to hike vehicle prices from next month
- First instalment of drought relief for farmers within next week: CM Siddaramaiah instructs
AP Govt spending 25,000 cr on education: Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao
HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao said that the State government has been spending Rs 25,000 crore on education sector and wants to make the State as education hub
Tirupati: HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao said that the State government has been spending Rs 25,000 crore on education sector and wants to make the State as education hub.
He inaugurated the IV floor of Visvesvaraiah Block at the School of Engineering and Technology of Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidalayam in Tirupati on Monday.
Speaking on the occasion, the Minister said that the SPMVV has been a special university among the universities in the State and it has been running 59 courses with 5,450 students and 10 hostels. The varsity has been progressing well with specific objectives, he complimented.
The government was giving top priority to quality education and now the government schools have been competing with corporate schools. In 2018, about 1.71 lakh students of corporate schools have joined in government schools. He advised the students to work with specific goals about their future to get success.
The Minister stated that 6.28 lakh candidates have been writing DSC examinations in the State which commenced on Monday. Tirupati MLA M Suguna, SPMVV in-charge Vice-Chancellor Prof V Uma, former Vice-Chancellor Prof V Durga Bhavani and Registrar Prof DM Mamatha also spoke on the occasion. School of Engineering and Technology Director Prof A Ramakrishna Rao, Deans Prof K Muragaiah, Prof A Jyothi, Prof Vijaya Lakshmi, Prof Bharathi and others took part.
Earlier, the Minister visited DSC examination centre arranged at Ion Digital Zone near SV Zoological Park in Tirupati. District Education Officer Dr K Panduranga Swamy, Ion partner Pattabhi, Director Rajasekhar Raju and others were present.