- Bobby to show Balakrishna in vintage avatar; here is the poster
- Hyderabad Police issues Traffic Advisory
- 10 beauty ingredients that have made K-Beauty viral worldwide
- Sharad Pawar Appoints Supriya Sule and Ajit Pawar as NCP working presidents
- 10.27 kg gold seized in Nellore and Hyderabad districts, one arrested
- Hyderabad: KTR stresses on Reduce, Recycle, Reuse mantra
- National children’s day, history, significance and quotes
- Hyderabad boy loses Rs 36 lakh on mobile games
- WTC Final: Rahane can prolong his Test career by couple of years after gutsy knock, feels Ponting
- KGF distributors KRG Studios gets rights to Adipurush in Karnataka
Five die on the spot in two separate mishaps in Guntur
According to police, three youngsters, from Talluru village under Phirangipuram mandal went to Phirangipuram Jatara fair on the occasion of Christmas on Tuesday On their way back, they were triple riding a twowheeler to drop one among them at home in Narsaraopet in the early hours of Wednesday
Guntur: Five persons were killed on the spot and another was injured in two separate road accidents in the district on Wednesday. While three youth died on the spot, when an unidentified vehicle ran over their two-wheeler at Ponugupadu village near Satulurur under Nadendla mandal, a man and his son were killed and another person sustained injuries when the car in which they were travelling hit a lorry at Santinagar and Dachepalli mandal.
According to police, three youngsters, from Talluru village under Phirangipuram mandal went to Phirangipuram Jatara (fair) on the occasion of Christmas on Tuesday. On their way back, they were triple riding a two-wheeler to drop one among them at home in Narsaraopet in the early hours of Wednesday.
When they reached Ponugupadu village, an unidentified vehicle ran over by their bike killing three on the spot. The victims were identified as Tumati Deena Raju, 23, Neelam Janaiah, 24, and G Ravindrababu, 19. Ravindrababu was studying B Com second year in Narasaraopet
Nadendla sub-inspector D Ramanajaneyulu said poor visibility caused by fog led to accident. “We are checking footage recorded in the CC cameras to identify the vehicles. A case has been registered and investigation is on,” he said.
In the second incident, a man, his son died on the spot, when their car proceeding to Tenali from Hyderabad, hit a lorry at Santhinagar under Dachepalli mandal. Poor visibility is said to be the reason for this mishap too. The victims have been identified as Bethapudi Param Jyothi, 60 and Bethapudi Tippin,40. Another person Bethapudi Chaitanya, 35, who suffered injuries, was shifted to government hospital in Piduguralla.
Gurazala police registered a case and took up investigations.