- New stem cell therapy may halt multiple sclerosis progression
- Mossad Chief in Doha for fresh talks, will meet CIA Chief for release of more hostages
- Nearing breakthrough: 58m debris removed, pipe pushed for Silkyara tunnel rescue, says NDMA
- India Shelter Finance, DOMS Industries, 3 others get Sebi nod to float IPOs
- Wrestlers sexual harassment case: Delhi court grants time to prosecution to file written arguments, allows one-day exemption from appearance to ex-WFI chief
- Defence minister unveils crest of stealth guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
2,000 cops deployed for Bhavani Deeksha Viramana
City Police Commissioner Ch Dwaraka Tirumala Rao on Friday conducted a meeting with the traffic officials over the arrangements at Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthanam for the relinquishment of Bhavani deeksha devotees which would begin from December 29
Vijayawada: City Police Commissioner Ch Dwaraka Tirumala Rao on Friday conducted a meeting with the traffic officials over the arrangements at Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Varla Devasthanam for the relinquishment of Bhavani deeksha devotees which would begin from December 29.
Speaking on the occasion, the commissioner said that over 2,000 police have been deployed for the bandobast arrangements. He also directed the police personnel to behave politely with Bhavanis as they are in Deeksha.
Heavy bandobust was made to regulate traffic in the city and also on the National Highways. One additional superintendent, three DSPs, 14 circle inspectors and 54 sub-inspectors will monitor the traffic. In all, 40 ASIs, 234 constables and 125 home guards have been deployed for special duties.
As many as 40 CC cameras have been set up at various places to monitor the movement of people and the Bhavanis by the police. He told the bandobast staff and the officers that the Giri Pradakshina will be done by the Bhavanis round-the-clock and the police would clear the traffic with immediate action.
He said that traffic would be diverted for five days and vehicles from Hyderabad towards Visakhapatnam will be allowed via Ibrahimpatnam, G Konduru Junction Road, Nuzvid, Tiruvuru and Hanuman Junction. Vehicles passing from Hyderabad to Chennai will pass via Ibrahimpatnam, G Konduru, Velagaleru, Kotturu Tadepalli, V Y Rao Estate, By-pass Road at Ajit Singh Nagar, Gunadala and Ramavarappadu Ring and Benz circle.
Similarly, Visakhapatnam to Hyderabad and Chennai to Hyderabad bound vehicles will be moved in the same direction. Several officials of various departments were also present in the review meeting.