- Chandigarh Smart City gets best UT award
- Contemplating the creation of district-wise water bodies atlas: Minister NS Boseraju
- ISSHP World Congress 2023: Pragnya to tackle Pre-eclampsia and Elevate Maternal Health Awareness
- CBI files FIR against Indore firm in Rs 15.52 cr loan fraud case
- How new-age edutech platforms enabling outcome-based education
- Congress has no warranty but is giving guarantees in Telangana: Minister KTR
- Turned producer to tell stories that evoke emotions, leave impact: Alia Bhatt
- Amul expects no price hike after timely monsoon in Gujarat, says chief Jayen S Mehta
- Health Minister Mandaviya asks officials to fully gear up as dengue cases rise
- World Tourism Day: Solo travel picks up pace, travellers pitch for solitude and me-time By Manik Gupta
Amaranatha presents silk vastrams
On the occasion of Maha Sivaratri, state minister for industries N Amaranatha Reddy presented silk vastrams to Lord Siva at Srikalahasti temple on Sunday evening
Tirupati: On the occasion of Maha Sivaratri, state minister for industries N Amaranatha Reddy presented silk vastrams to Lord Siva at Srikalahasti temple on Sunday evening.
The minister carried the silk robes on his head up to sanctum sanctorum (garbhagudi) and handed over them to priests as per the custom, on the eve of Maha Saivaratri.
Before that, on his arrival, Amaranatha Reddy was accorded a ceremonial welcome by the temple EO S Rama Swamy and priest with temple traditions at in front of the temple Maha Dwaram. Later, the minister offered prayers in sanctum sanctorum of the temple. Speaking to media in this connection, Amaranatha Reddy said that the state government had made all the arrangements to celebrate Maha Sivaratri in a grand manner.