Toyota Innova Crysta Petrol Launched At Rs 13.72 Lakh
This makes the Crysta the only vehicle in its segment to be offered with both petrol and diesel engine options. After a lot of speculations and...
This makes the Crysta the only vehicle in its segment to be offered with both petrol and diesel engine options.
After a lot of speculations and delays, Toyota has finally launched the petrol version of theInnova Crysta. The prices start at Rs 13.72 lakh and goes up to Rs 19.62 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) for the top of the line variant. The timing of the launch is spot on as 2.0 or higher capacity diesel engines are currently banned in Delhi and Kerala and the Japanese carmaker can now market its MPV in these regions.
It is offered in four variants, namely, Zx (7-seater) automatic, Gx (7-8-seater) automatic, Vx (7-seater) manual and Gx (7-8-seater) manual.
Akito Tachibana, managing director of Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) said, “The Innova is an iconic brand and has long established itself as the number 1 MPV in the Indian market. Often referred to as the segment creator, the brand Innova has proved itself again by being the first in the segment to offer a vehicle with a petrol variant.”
Commenting on the introduction, N. Raja, director and senior vice president (sales & marketing), TKM said, “The recently launched Innova Crysta has received an overwhelming response from the market. We are very thankful to our customers who have helped us realise this dream. We are confident that the Innova Crysta petrol will be equally successful in continuing the legacy that the iconic brand Innova has created in the Indian MPV market.”
Besides the introduction of petrol trims, an all-new 2.7-litre Dual VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence) petrol engine also debuts in India. The 2.7-litre mill generates a max power of 166PS along with max torque of 245Nm. The vehicle comes with Eco and Power drive modes. The ARAI-certified mileage figures read 10.83kmpl for the automatic version and 9.89kmpl for the manual one.
The petrol trims are offered with the array of features listed below.
Comfort and Convenient Features
- 3D Design Combination Meter with 4.2-inch TFT Multi Information Display
- 8-way power adjustable driver seat
- Automatic LED projector headlamps
- Ambient illumination
- Upper glove box with cooling
- One touch tumble second row seat
- Rear Auto AC with Digital Display
- Easy slide front passenger seat
- Standard Safety Features - 3 Airbags, Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist (BA), height adjustable Seatbelt with Pre Tensioner & Force Limiter (PT/FL) for front seat, 3-point seatbelt for all occupants & Child restraint system (ISOFIX)
- Zx variant (In addition to Standard Safety Features) - 7 Airbags, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) & Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
Apart from the newly added features, it also gets new shades in the form of Garnet Red, White Pearl Crystal Shine and Avant-garde Bronze.
The Toyota Innova Crysta has already been getting great response for its diesel trims ever since it was launched. With the addition of the petrol variants, it is further expected to amplify, especially in Delhi and Kerala, where its diesel versions weren’t initially launched due to the ban.