- Uttar Pradesh govt set to boost IT sector
- End-user spending on security, risk management to reach $2.9 bn in India
- GD Goenka University and Le Cordon Bleu gear up to redefine hospitality education in India
- SC orders TN District Collectors to respond to ED summons
- Shadowfax secures $100 mn in Series E funding led by TPG NewQuest
- Water shortage looms as Kabini reservoir levels plummet
- Congress MLA voices concerns over developmental works
- Delhi HC orders inclusion of Delhi Chess Association representatives in AICF voter list
- Byju's saga: Investors, edtech company battle it out at NCLT
- Renowned environmentalist K M Chinnappa dies at 84
IS Jha new PowerGrid CMD
State-run utility Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd on Thursday announced the appointment of IS Jha as its chairman and managing director with effect from November 10.
New Delhi : State-run utility Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd on Thursday announced the appointment of IS Jha as its chairman and managing director with effect from November 10.
Jha has already been holding additional charge of the post since R.N. Nayak retired on September 30, apart from simultaneously being the director (projects) of the company since 2009, Power Grid said in a statement here.
Jha, an electrical engineer from NIT, Jamshedpur, was on the board of the state transmission utilities of Haryana and Madhya Pradesh, and member of the governing boards of the Central Power Research Institute, as well as of the Indian Institute of Forest Management, the statement said.