- Chandrababu to visit Nellore today, to address a public meeting
- Visakhapatnam: Brahmin associations protest against Mahasena Rajesh
- Air Force plane hovers over Begumpet Airport amid tech glitch
- Cops bust fingerprint cloning racket; 2 GHMC sanitation supervisors held
- Greens gear up to roll out drive for upkeep of trees across city
- Vijayawada: Sunitha read out script of N Chandrababu Naidu, says Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy
- India to see warmer start to summer this year: IMD
- Uttam sees BRS-BJP nexus in Kaleshwaram
- PM hits out at TMC over Sandeshkhali atrocities
- Vijayawada: N Chandrababu Naidu complains to Governor against APSDRI
PNB to set up Farmers Training Centre in AP
Punjab National Bank is planning to set up farmers training centre in Andhra Pradesh.
Vijayawada: Punjab National Bank is planning to set up farmers training centre in Andhra Pradesh.
PNB MD and CEO Usha Ananta Subramanian has met Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and informed about the bank’s proposal to set up farmers training centre. She appealed to the Chief Minister to allot site for the farmers training centre. Subramanian said that the bank was already running 10 farmers training centres in the country.
She said that the farmers would be trained in modern farming methods. Responding to her proposal, the Chief Minister expressed willingness to allot 10 acres of land in Anantapur district. He said that the government has been giving priority for farmers’ welfare. He stressed the need for adopting modern farming methods to achieve high yields like China and America.