- Indian-Origin Teen Won US Spelling Bee 2023
- YS Jagan arrives in Guntur, to distribute tractors and harvesters to farmers
- Microsoft Teams' new feature lets users collaborate with communities on Windows 11
- 20 more UP colleges being probed for scholarship scam
- Andhra Pradesh: Devotees rush increases to Tirumala, to take 24 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Pareshan Twitter Review
- Young heroes to have a clash at Tollywood box-office on June 2
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 02 June 2023
- Telangana Formation Day Live Updates: KCR unfurled National flag and received police guard of honour
- Gold and silver rates today slashes in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 02 June 2023
Equity indices at new highs, Sensex closes above 34k
Wiping off the day\'s initial losses, the key indices of the Indian equity markets provisionally closed Tuesday\'s trade at new highs.
Mumbai: Wiping off the day's initial losses, the key indices of the Indian equity markets provisionally closed Tuesday's trade at new highs.
The barometer 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex) closed above the 34,000-level for the first time at 34,010.61 -- up 70.31 points or 0.21 per cent from Friday's closing high of 33,940.30 points.
The Sensex scaled a fresh high of 34,061.88 points on an intra-day basis, surpassing its Friday's (December 22) intra-day high of 33,964.28 points.
The BSE market breadth was bullish as 1,676 stocks advanced as compared to 1,071 declines.
On the National Stock Exchange, the wider Nifty50 closed higher by 38.50 points or 0.37 per cent at a fresh level of 10,531.50 points. The Nifty touched a new high of 10,545.45 points on an intra-day basis.