- New Delhi: Stop unauthorised live streaming says High Court
- New Delhi: 2 held in Chhattisgarh, 18.5 kg ornaments recovered
- New Delhi: Is this ‘mohabbat ki dukan’ of AAP, Congress?
- Sachivalayam employees’ role hailed
- Jammu: 7 trains cancelled, 13 diverted
- Fazilka: Punjab not releasing relief for crop loss in floods says Sukhbir Badal
- CPI demands CM Jagan to reveal details of meeting Adani
- Lucknow: Apartment owner, contractor booked
- Vijayawada: Crafts Council of AP handloom bazaar inaugurated
- Chandigarh: Police custody for gangster Bishnoi
Bollywood actor dies in Hyderabad
Rajesh Vivek, mainly known for his roles in superhits like \'Lagaan\' and \'Swades\', died due to a heart attack in Hyderabad on Thursday. He was 66.Rajesh passed away around 3 PM in Hyderabad due to a heart attack.
Rajesh Vivek, mainly known for his roles in superhits like 'Lagaan' and 'Swades', died due to a heart attack in Hyderabad on Thursday. He was 66.Rajesh passed away around 3 PM in Hyderabad due to a heart attack. He was shooting there for a south Indian film. It is very shocking news, Vivek's friend Vishnu Sharma said. We were close friends. We knew each other for last 40 years. He was fine. It was not that he was unwell or anything like that, he said.
Vivek was first introduced by Shyam Benegal in his film 'Junoon' (1978). Basically a theatre actor, he had also acted in popular television series 'Mahabharata', 'Bharat Ek Khoj' and in 'Aghori'. He made his mark as a villain in the beginning with films like 'Veerana' and 'Joshilay', often playing roles of henchman, but later on he started doing comic or supporting roles.
Some of his latest films include Bunty Aur Babli, Bhoot Unkle, What is Your Rashee, Agnipath, Son of Sardaar, Dishkiyaaun. He had played the role of a dreaded dacoit in Bandit Queen (1994).