- Daggubati brothers to clash at box-office
- ‘Jailer’ actress Mirnaa discloses important elements of the film
- ‘Guntur Kaaram’ next big update will be on this date
- Three Tirumala devotees of Telangana dead after car hits bus in Tirupati
- DQ’s ‘King of Kotha,’ in final stages of post production
- Elon Musk Is The World's Richest Man Once Again
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 01 June 2023
- Gold and silver rates today surged in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 01 June 2023
- Three dead and one injured after a car collides with a lorry in Khammam
- YS Jagan to visit Pathikonda today, to disburse Rythu Bharosa-PM Kisan funds
Bollywood actor to make Telugu debut
Actor-producer John Abraham, who is likely to take action in Bollywood to an altogether new level with Rocky Handsome, plans to remake the film in Tamil and Telugu.
Mumbai: Actor-producer John Abraham, who is likely to take action in Bollywood to an altogether new level with "Rocky Handsome", plans to remake the film in Tamil and Telugu.
John told IANS: "We would like to remake this film in the south. We have got superstars who are interested in doing this film in the south. Someone from Hyderabad saw this film and two-three actors in Tamil and Telugu filmdom are very interested in remaking this film because it's a very commercial project. So, we are very excited about it."
The actor didn't wish to reveal the names of the southern stars who are interested in remaking "Rocky Handsome", but said: "The only fear is how we cope with this action because this action is too high-intensity."
Directed by Nishikant Kamat, the Hindi film features John and Shruti Hassan, who last featured together in "Welcome Back".
While the action in "Rocky Handsome" looks extremely diverse, John said he trained for martial arts Tai chi and Aikido in Thailand.
"I trained myself for Tai chi and Aikido... I trained in those art forms for a month for 14 hours a day in Thailand with a master. We trained hard. I wanted to learn the art forms... I am playing with knives, and it's very difficult," the 43-year-old said.
Talking about the film's USP, John said: "The USP of the film is the action that's backed by the emotions or the emotions that are backed by the action. With 'Rocky Handsome', I just felt that any amount of good action is worthless without the right and requisite emotion.
"When we look at Hollywood films, we always talk about the James Bond kind of films and we say, 'Why can't we do the same?' I guess 'Rocky Handome' is the answer to Hollywood, where you can say, 'Here's the action and here's the action hero that could match up to all of you'," he added.