- Floating bridge separated for trials
- National Science Day Feb 28 State to promote scientific temperament-Boseraju
- Howlers in Agnipath INC writes to President of India to rectify
- PM Modi lays foundation of 21 Amrit Bharat Railway stations in Odisha
- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
- Govt ropes in IIT Delhi to pick locations for new industrial smart cities
- RBI fines SBI, Canara Bank for breach of rules
Kareena reveals why she can't do Hollywood movies
Popular Indian actors are landing roles in international projects, but actress Kareena Kapoor Khan says she is not eyeing Hollywood.
Mumbai: Popular Indian actors are landing roles in international projects, but actress Kareena Kapoor Khan says she is not eyeing Hollywood.
Asked if she would like to feature in a Hollywood film, Kareena said: "I have no interest in Hollywood. Today, people are watching Hindi films all over the world and in fact Hindi films are dubbed in all languages... So, it's not that they (West) don't know other actresses.
"To work in Hollywood, a different kind of energy and dedication is required, but I don't think I have that in me."
Kareena is currently busy promoting her film "Ki & Ka" -- a film which breaks gender stereotypes with its theme. The actress credits her husband Saif Ali Khan for being supportive and allowing her to do the film.
"Partner's support is very important. If my partner was not supportive, I would not be able to do a film like 'Ki & Ka'," she said, adding that Saif found the film "progressive" in its thought.
The movie features Arjun Kapoor as Kabir, an IIT graduate and a house husband, who has grown up wanting to be like his mother and not like his father and will be seen doing household.
On the other hand, Kareena essays Kia, an ambitious and a career-oriented woman.
Directed by R. Balki, the film is slated to release on April 1.