- Addition of sedition in rioting case: HC seeks police stand on Sharjeel Imam’s plea
- Another Congress ally backs Kejriwal on Ordinance row
- Delhi teen murder: Six inch long knife recovered by police
- Sushma’s daughter ‘defends’ Brij Bhushan
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots case: Supplementary charge sheet against Tytler approved
- Sisodia allowed to meet ailing wife at residence in custody
- Tirupati: Religious fervour marks Rathotsavam
- Vijayawada: Centre to sanction Rs 12,911 cr to complete Polavaram project says G V L Narasimha Rao
- Visakhapatnam: ‘First day, first show’ now from home
- Guntur: Yantra Seva, CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy flags off tractors, harvesters
The Jungle Book rakes in Rs. 74.08 crore
Hollywood filmmaker Jon Favreau\'s 3D live-animation adventure fantasy film \"The Jungle Book\" is running strong at the Indian box office and has collected over Rs.70 crore in its opening week.
Mumbai: Hollywood filmmaker Jon Favreau's 3D live-animation adventure fantasy film "The Jungle Book" is running strong at the Indian box office and has collected over Rs.70 crore in its opening week.
Released in India in four different languages (English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu), the film brings a story straight from the enchanting forest of India and presents a modern take on Rudyard Kipling's timeless classic, originally published in 1894. The film received a good response on Thursday and collected Rs.10.97 crore thus taking its cumulative total to Rs.74.08 crore, read a statement.
It is also said to be the highest week one collection for any Hollywood release in India so far. The film, with Indian-American actor Neel Sethi as Mowgli, made its way onto the screens in India on April 8, a week ahead of its release in the US. Along with Neel, the film is supported by Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong'o, Scarlett Johansson and Christopher Walken. Bollywood stars likes Irrfan Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Nana Patekar, Shefali Shah and Om Puri have lent their voice for the Hindi version of "The Jungle Book".