- JP Nadda to arrive in Tirupati today, to participate in public meeting tomorrow
- Hyderabad: BJP demands white paper on irrigation project
- 'India, Serbia have huge potential for trade & investment': President Murmu
- Panic Caused By Fire On The Durg-Puri Express In Odisha
- Google Doodle celebrates the iconic dancer Willi Ninja's 62nd birthday
- Telangana HC issues notice to govt; PIL seeks appointment of chairman & members of Minimum Wages Advisory Board
- Sam Altman meets PM Modi to discuss the future of AI in India
- RBI maintains status quo on key repo rate
- Allahabad High Court rules: Possession, ferrying of cows not an offence
- Petrol and diesel prices today stable in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai and Mumbai on 09 June 2023
Decision on Amitabh as 'Incredible India' brand ambassador put on hold
Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan\'s name as the brand ambassador of \'Incredible India\' has been put on hold until he gets a clean chit after the Panama Papers leak, news agency ANI said quoting government sources on Monday.
Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan's name as the brand ambassador of 'Incredible India' has been put on hold until he gets a clean chit after the Panama Papers leak, news agency ANI said quoting government sources on Monday.
According to reports, the decision was supposed to be taken this month, but will now be considered only after the actor comes out clean.
Earlier, Amitabh Bachchan had issued a statement saying that his name was 'misused' and he was not aware of any of the complaints mentioned in the report. He denied being part of any company in tax-haven Panama.
"I wish to reiterate that on the Panama Papers reportage... I have not been a director on the Board of the 4 Companies as mentioned in an earlier report," he had said.
"I am happy that the GOI has instituted a thorough investigation on this issue, for, I myself am keen to know how my name appears in connection with those 4 Companies," the 73-year-old actor had said.