- Hyderabad: Agarwal Samaj organises ‘rath yatra’; holds special general meeting
- Minster Jogi Ramesh distributes pensions
- Govt committed to develop Markapuram as clean town
- Gang leaders take charge in next task on ‘Roadies’
- Shehnaz Gill shares relationship advice with ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ contestant: ‘Move on, therapy le le’
- Colourful processions mark Milad festivities across Hyd
- 'IBD 3' winner Samarpan Lama: Would love to choreograph Siddharth Malhotra, Tom Holland
- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
Dilip Kumar admitted to hospital for recurrent pneumonia
Veteran actor Dilip Kumar, 95, has been admitted to a hospital here and is being treated for recurrent pneumonia, a family friend said
Mumbai: Veteran actor Dilip Kumar, 95, has been admitted to a hospital here and is being treated for recurrent pneumonia, a family friend said.
Faisal Farooqui, who tweets on behalf of the thespian, gave a health update on the ailing actor via Twitter.
"Want to inform you Dilip Kumar has been admitted to hospital last night. He is being treated for recurrent pneumonia. Praying. Will keep you updated on twitter," Farooqui tweeted on Monday.
The nonagenarian was admitted to the hospital here last month too due to pneumonia.
Last week, amidst reports that Dilip Kumar's deteriorating health, Udaya Tara Nayar, compiler of the actor's autobiography, had told IANS: "He is as well as he can be at his age... He is well looked after by his wife Saira Banu."
Dilip Kumar, one of India's most iconic actors, has appeared in some classics like "Kohinoor", "Mughal-e-Azam", "Shakti", "Naya Daur" and "Ram Aur Shyam". His last silver screen appearance was in the 1998 film "Qila".