- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
‘Deewar’ writer to be feted at IFFI
Bollywoods popular scriptwriter Salim Khan will be presented with the IFFI Special Award at the closing ceremony of the 49th International Film Festival of India IFFI for his Lifetime Contribution to Cinema
Bollywood's popular scriptwriter Salim Khan will be presented with the IFFI Special Award at the closing ceremony of the 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) for his Lifetime Contribution to Cinema.
He will be awarded at the closing ceremony of the gala event in Panaji on Wednesday, Minister of Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore announced on Monday.
"It's a privilege for IFFI to honour Salim Khan for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema," Rathore tweeted.
As a master screenwriter, Salim is known for having penned the screenplay of several iconic films such ‘Deewaar’ and ‘Zanjeer’. He had a formidable partnership with celebrated writer Javed Akhtar.