US national nabbed at Hyderabad airport; gold biscuits worth Rs 12 lakh recovered
A US national has been apprehended by the CISF at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad for allegedly trying to smuggle out gold biscuits worth over Rs 12 lakh
A US national has been apprehended by the CISF at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad for allegedly trying to smuggle out gold biscuits worth over Rs 12 lakh.
Senior officials at the airport revealed that the accused, identified as MSK Reddy was intercepted at the airport on Wednesday based on suspicion.
The man, a United States of America (USA) national was supposed to take a flight for Dallas via Dubai when he was apprehended.
The authorities recovered four gold biscuits, weighing about 400 grams, estimated to be worth Rs 12.40 lakh from him.
As the accused was unable to produce valid reasons for carrying the gold, he has been handed over to Customs authorities for further investigation.
- Naveen Patnaik says no national party will receive Majority in upcoming LS polls
- BJD announces 9 assembly constituencies candidates
- AAP in Delhi moves SC seeking constitution to decide who controls services
- Supreme Court dismisses plea challenging constitutional validity 'triple talaq' ordinance
- Congress Working Committee meets to finalise Congress manifesto