US national nabbed at Hyderabad airport; gold biscuits worth Rs 12 lakh recovered
A US national has been apprehended by the CISF at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad for allegedly trying to smuggle out gold biscuits worth over Rs 12 lakh
A US national has been apprehended by the CISF at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad for allegedly trying to smuggle out gold biscuits worth over Rs 12 lakh.
Senior officials at the airport revealed that the accused, identified as MSK Reddy was intercepted at the airport on Wednesday based on suspicion.
The man, a United States of America (USA) national was supposed to take a flight for Dallas via Dubai when he was apprehended.
The authorities recovered four gold biscuits, weighing about 400 grams, estimated to be worth Rs 12.40 lakh from him.
As the accused was unable to produce valid reasons for carrying the gold, he has been handed over to Customs authorities for further investigation.
- Actor-politician Jaya Prada joins BJP
- Gadkari declares assets worth Rs 25.12 crore in election affidavit
- DMK leader Thendral Selvaraj's son summoned in Pollachi sex scandal
- After a much Amid discussion and drama, BJP announces Bengaluru South Seat for 28-year-Old Tejasvi Surya
- Here is how to change your address on Voter ID Card Online