Class 7 student commits suicide in Delhi
A class 7 student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in west Delhis Inderpuri area, police said Thursday
New Delhi: A class 7 student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her house in west Delhi's Inderpuri area, police said Thursday.
Her mother suspects that the girl might have taken the extreme step because she was scolded by a school teacher. However, the police said an investigation was underway for ascertaining the reason.
The girl committed suicide at her house Saturday when her mother, who is advocate, had gone to court, a senior police officer said.
A suicide note was recovered from the spot, he said.
Meanwhile, the school management in its statement said they are fully cooperating with the investigating authority and were also conducting an internal inquiry.
"As of now we are not at liberty to disclose any details which may jeopardise the police investigation of the case," the statement said.
- Denied money for liquor, Man kills grandmother and aunt
- Father-son richest Odisha candidates in phase 4 polls
- Aircel-Maxis case: Protection from arrest to Chidambaram, Karti extended till May 6
- Akhilesh slams PM of doing nothing for Bundelkhand, dubs Adityanath as Baba CM
- NYAY scheme a surgical strike on poverty: Rahul Gandhi