Too old to change your career ??
Are you just fed up with your current job and already started considering a new career? Do you constantly think whether it is too late to change your...
Are you just fed up with your current job and already started considering a new career? Do you constantly think whether it is too late to change your career? For all the late bloomers out there who are sailing in the same boat, take it easy. It’s natural to feel stuck when your life is hanging at this point. But you need to know that you are never too old to make a career change.
For any job age matters, yes it does. But much less than your knowledge about the industry you are planning to move into. Again, wanting to do something totally different from your current job can be a bit challenging but not impossible. There are many examples of people who have changed their careers much and much later than it is normally thought as ‘a good age’ for a new career. Because the fact is, the older we are, the clearer we are about our likes, passions, skills and strengths.
The following are few examples of people who did exactly what they wanted to and kept trying leaving the age behind the bars.
1) COLONEL HARLAND SANDERS- He started the first Kentuky Fried Chicken franchise , famously known as KFC, a highly successful food-chain at the age of 65. By his cooking style he created an empire of mouth-watering fried chicken.
2) RAY KROC- He went from being a salesman to opening the first McDonalds. This all happened when he was 52.
3) STAN LEE- He is the creator of “Spiderman” and was 43 when he began drawing his legendary superheroes.
4) JULIA CHILD- She was a spy and later, became a chef. At the age of 49, her first book was published and 51 when her TV program The French Chef first aired.
5) PHYLISS DILLER- She became a comedian at the age of 37. Before she became successful many club owners told that she was "too old" to become a success.
6) PETER ROGET- This man showed that it is never too late to make shattering inventions such as the thesaurus, which he invented when he was 73.
This list of people who are tagged under the age of ‘oldies’ and also, people who did something really different from the field of what they started with, shows that there is no particular age to make or change a career. They didn’t dole out an age limit to their dreams. It is never too late to have a job which brings you joy and happiness. You are never too old to be successful or make a difference in this world but what matters is just the right attitude.