Sridevi women’s engineering college
Sridevi Women\'s Engineering College (SWEC-College code D2) Sponsored by Sridevi Educational Society with Reg.No: 4973/97 under the Societies Registration Act, with the approval of AICTE and affiliated to J.N.TU.Hyderabad in the Academic year 2001-2002.
Sridevi Women's Engineering College (SWEC-College code D2) Sponsored by Sridevi Educational Society with Reg.No: 4973/97 under the Societies Registration Act, with the approval of AICTE and affiliated to J.N.TU.Hyderabad in the Academic year 2001-2002.The college started initially with an intake of 180 students with three branches in UG with one section each, now has an intake of 876 per annum with five branches in UG, eight streams in M.Tech in addition to MBA.
The college is located in a totally pollution free green land of 25 acres adjacent to Vattinagulapally beside Wipro at Gopanapally.
The major companies visiting the college for campus placements are: Microsoft,SAP,IBM,Orcale,HCL,HP,Accenture,CTS,L&T,Infotechcyient,Virtusa,Google,Syntel, Repine Serco, Capgemini, Genpact ,etc
Sports & Games
Our students have also proved their talent in sports by winning several fields by participating in sports competition such as Inter college sports meet conducted by Bojireddy Engineering college and (won 2nd prize in volley ball), JNTUH Volleyball team(Bhubaneshwar). 4th state level inter-engineering colleges SPORTS FEST at VJIT,Hyderabad, 7th inter-engineering college sports meet for women at GNITS Hyderabad etc
All Round Development
This college not only takes care of Education and Placements for women, but also gives equal importance to the all-round development of girls student to understand the role of a women in the society with multiple responsibilities .As a part of women empowerment, this college makes the students to understand the cultural, traditional, human and social values through participation in competitive programs and visits to orphanages for self-realisation.
While the technical fest and management fest bring out their talents in respective fields the exclusive cultural fest digs out the inherent talents of the students for retaining our traditions and cultural values. The following highlights of achievements in the recent past speak about the heights reached by the college.
Highlights of Recent Events organised by (SWEC)
- Several workshops/Seminars were conducted for both students and staff of the department on various topics such as Android Application development, C++ and JAVA, Advanced Concepts in Data mining during the year in 2014-15 by CSE & IT Department.
- Several workshops/Seminars/Industrial visits were organised for the benefit of Electrical students covering 132 KV indoor Substation, 220 KV outdoor Substation, Linear Power Suppliers and analog electronics, Hot line maintenance etc were organised by EEE Department.
- EIE Department Guest Lectures on Digital Signal Processing, Instrumentation Practices and participation in ROBOCAMP, TECHNOPH ILIA held at IIIT, AEROTRIS held at NIT Warangal, virtual Instrumental at Osmania University etc.
- The Top ranking projects taken up by our students for ISTE Student Chapter Project Expo 2014 are Credit Card Fraud detection using Hidden Markov Model, Light Intensity Control using Lab view. Measurement of power and energy using Arduino controller etc.
- The Heads of International Universities from USA, Russia and Australia visited our college and participated in an interactive session with the students for exchange of views and knowledge on Career Development on 24-11-2014.
- ECE Department organised several workshop and a few of them are on the topics like PCB design –Fabrication & Soldering testing of electronic circuits, QUADCOPTER etc
- EEE Depatrment organised a Guest Lecture on “ Hot line Maintenance ” by Mr. K Ramakrishna DE, (Hotlines),TRANSCO, as step towards practical exposure.
- The Students of our college are always encouraged to participate in every competition held by other colleges and invariably comeback with mementoes in hand. They are always winners whether the field is ours’ or others’.
B) Social Development
The programs conducted by the college for the all round development of the students.
- To make the youth to understand their social responsibilities, 1500 students in our college through online voter registration counter opened in college inaugurated by chief Electoral Officer Sri.Bhanwarlal I.A.S in July 2013 for participation in the general elections of 2014.
- A program on HIV Awareness has been organised by the employees of Deloitte to the students of SWEC on 28-11-2014. They also imparted resume writing and interview skills to the students of MBA..
- On National Education Day 11-11-2014, a Panel discussion on “Education with Ethics and Morals” was organised for the students with fruitful outcome.
- As a part of “Swaach Bharath” program, the students participated in cleaning the college premises with enthusiasm in its true spirit on 10-11-2014.
- “RashtriyaEkthaDiwas” has been celebrated by the students by dancing and singing songs in all Indian languages and celebrating the prayers of all religions on 31-10-2014.
- The students, staff and management of SWEC generously contributed for sending a truck full of food items for “HUD HUD” Flood Victims at Visakhapatnam on 21-10-2014. The truck was flagged off by the MP KVisweswara Reddy from College and received by Nara Lokesh on behalf of NTR Trust at NTR Trust Bhavan Hyderabad.