- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
GITAM signs MoU with Bogar Laboratories
GITAM Deemed to be University signed an MoU with Bogar Laboratories here on Friday to take up joint research in the field of Biotechnology particularly to synthesis biochemicals, genomics and Proteomics, new drug design and discovery The Bogar Laboratories Managing Director B Ramesh Babu and GITAM Institute of Technology Principal Prof K Lakshmi Prasad exchanged the MoU documents in the presen
Visakhapatnam: GITAM (Deemed to be University) signed an MoU with Bogar Laboratories here on Friday to take up joint research in the field of Biotechnology particularly to synthesis biochemicals, genomics and Proteomics, new drug design and discovery. The Bogar Laboratories Managing Director B Ramesh Babu and GITAM Institute of Technology Principal Prof. K Lakshmi Prasad exchanged the MoU documents in the presence of GITAM In-Charge Vice-Chancellor Prof. K Sivarama Krishna.
During the interaction GITAM In-Charge Vice-Chancellor Prof.K Sivarama Krishna mentioned that Government of India is giving high priority to biotechnology development in the country and Andhra Pradesh State Government is showing interest to encourage biotech based industries in the state. He informed that the state government identified GITAM as Centre of Excellence (CoE) in Biotechnology and Life sciences. He expressed that the university is very much interested to associate with industries to strengthen the human resource in the field of biotechnology.
Bogar Labs Managing Director B Ramesh Babu said that his company is closely associated with US and Europe clients and impressed with GITAM biotechnology department expertise. He mentioned that joint research and training programmes will give a scope to develop new drugs. He informed that Bogar Laboratories is showing equal interest to strengthen in the state of Andhra Pradesh particularly from East Godavari District. GITAM Institute of Science Principal Prof. K Arunalakshmi, Biotechnology Department Head Prof. Sk Khasim Beebi, senior faculty members participated in the discussion.