- Mallampally as new mandal
- The list of LS ticket prospects becomes longer in Kerala
- Sitharaman credits Narasimha Rao for bringing 33% reservation for women at Panchayat level
- High-speed train between Ahmedabad & Sanand to commence operations in 6 months
- Delhi Police file charge sheet before court in Pragati Maidan tunnel robbery case
- India 'oldest democracy', publish books presenting its journey to world: Om Birla to publishers
- Women's representation in policymaking now set to increase significantly, says Anurag Thakur
- Assam government waives off loans of 2.2 lakh women
- I don't think anyone in world cricket at the moment would have a seam position as good as Shami: Harbhajan Singh
- Two terrorists arrested in J&K’s Baramulla
Gitam surgeons celebrate Golden Jubilee
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, GITAM Dental College Hospital, Visakhapatnam conducted special awareness programmes as a part of their Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India AOMSI Golden Jubilee Celebrations here on Friday at GITAM campus
Visakhapatnam: Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, GITAM Dental College & Hospital, Visakhapatnam conducted special awareness programmes as a part of their Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons of India (AOMSI) Golden Jubilee Celebrations here on Friday at GITAM campus. To create awareness on Road Safety and Oral cancer Maxillofacial Surgeons organised road safety and oral cancer awareness rally “Who we are and what we do” and a awareness tour for undergraduate dental students, collage competition besides OMFS Run at R K Beach.
While addressing the gathering GITAM Dental College and Hospital Principal Dr.K.Gangadhara Prasad said that the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, GITAM Dental College & Hospital deals with cases of road traffic accidents (facial bones), benign tumours, cancer of maxillofacial region, surgeries for proclinated jaws or teeth (Orthognathic Surgeries), surgical removal of wisdom teeth, correction of cleft lip & palate, temporomandibular joint related surgeries and facial infections. Speciality of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in GITAM Dental College treated many patients of North Coastal Andhra Pradesh suffering from various maxillofacial diseases, he informed.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Professor and Head Dr. N.V.V. Satya Bhushan and mentioned that complicated and expensive surgeries in relation to the maxillofacial region are performed at nominal cost at GITAM Dental Hospital. Dr. Y. Ravi Shankar, Vice – Principal (Academics), Dr. Prabhakar Rao, Vice – Principal (Clinicals) and all the Heads of the Departments have encouraged and participated in these programmes.