- PM Modi lays foundation of 21 Amrit Bharat Railway stations in Odisha
- India’s coal imports for power plants fall by 37% as self-reliance grows
- PM Modi's tribute to Veer Savarkar in his own handwriting goes viral
- Couple's fight over momos reaches family counselling centre
- SJVN to supply 300 MW solar power to J&K from Rajasthan unit
- Govt ropes in IIT Delhi to pick locations for new industrial smart cities
- RBI fines SBI, Canara Bank for breach of rules
- Rameshwaram fishers to meet CM Stalin on regular arrests by Lankan Navy
- SK Telecom, global telcos to form AI language model joint venture
- PM Modi, top Union ministers, UP CM mourn loss of 'beacon of Indian music'
Environmental protection has been his avocation
Typically, Mr. Ramaiah wears a plank symbolizing the concept of ‘Plant Trees and Save Environment’. Environmental protection has been his avocation
Khammam: Safeguarding the environment is Daripalli Ramaiah’s serious passion. Unlike others, Mr. Ramaiah, a native of Khammam Rural Mandal, has taken upon raising saplings as he has contributed in a big way in protecting the environment for the past three decades. Undeterred by poor economic background, Mr. Ramaiah is doing his bit to make ends meet by way of planting seeds and protecting them from insects, pests and birds.
He has a lofty ideal of promoting environmental awareness and towards this objective Mr. Ramaiah carries saplings as his gift on every occasion, be it marriage or birthday, or any other event. Nothing short of contributing to the mighty plan of planting seeds makes him happy and he has so far raised one crore plants.
Plants, including red sanders saplings raised by him during his childhood, on the stretches of schools, roads, have grown into big trees that have attracted the attention of Forest Department officials. Typically, Mr. Ramaiah wears a plank symbolizing the concept of ‘Plant Trees and Save Environment’. His enthusiasm is deep rooted and has his house replete with pictures on plants. He is so infatuated with plants that he has tagged his grandchildren with the names of different trees.