- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
CSK: Gurunath Meiyappan neither Owner nor team principal
India Cements, owner of Chennai Super Kings team today distanced itself from Gurunath Meiyappan after his name cropped up in IPL spot-fixing probe....
India Cements, owner of Chennai Super Kings team today distanced itself from Gurunath Meiyappan after his name cropped up in IPL spot-fixing probe. The company on Friday issued a statement that he is neither owner, nor CEO or Team Principal of CSK and promised strict action against anyone found guilty. BCCI chief N. Srinivasan is the MD of India Cements and Mr. Meiyappan is his son-in-law. "Meiyappan is neither owner, nor CEO or Team Principal of IPL Franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK)," India Cements executive president T.S. Raghupathy said in a statement. "Gurunath is only one of the Members (Honorary) of the Management Team of Chennai Super Kings", he said. The company said it would fully cooperate with BCCI and law enforcement authorities on the ongoing probe into the IPL scandal. The company said it follows "zero tolerance policy" and would take strict action immediately against those found guilty. Police had stated in Mumbai on May 23 that Vindoo, son of actor Dara Singh, had revealed during questioning he came to know Mr. Meiyappan, hailing from a well to do south Indian family which is into film production, five to six years ago at a party for cricketers and was in touch with him since then. The actor also reportedly claimed he had made many calls to Mr. Meiyappan following which Mr. Meiyappan has been summoned by Mumbai Police.