IPL Spot-fixing: Sreesanth drunk when arrested
As the IPL scam gets murkier by the day, fresh details have emerged as to how the Delhi police managed to A...
As the IPL scam gets murkier by the day, fresh details have emerged as to how the Delhi police managed to A zero-in on the accused. Sreesanth was along with a woman companion and was drunk in an SUV outside a five-star hotel in Mumbai, when the Delhi Police arrested him. Sreesanth shouted and refuted he had close connections with the Kerala and Maharashtra chief ministers after he was explained by police for alleged spot fixing. "When a police officer showed him his identity card, initially kept silent. But suddenly he started shouting and said that he knew the chief ministers of Maharashtra ad Kerala. How can they arrest him, he demanded," a source said. He also gave his mobile phone to the officers and asked them to call the chief ministers.
30-year-old Sreesanth A is in the custody of Delhi Police Special cell in connection with the spot fixing scandal after his arrest in the wee hours on Thursday. His two Rajasthan Royals teammates Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila and 12 bookies have also been arrested.
- Exit polls indicate Congress issues of corruption, welfare may not have clicked
- Amit Shah to host dinner for NDA leaders 2 days prior to Lok Sabha results
- Refuting Congress claims, Army top official says 1st surgical strike was in Sept 2016
- We are winning, exit poll results are wrong: Tejashwi Yadav
- Explosion of chemical container at the house of RR Nagar MLA