- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Protesters gherao Delhi police HQ, Shinde's residence
Protests over the rape of a five-year-old girl erupted in Delhi on Saturday with people staging demonstrations at various places in New Delhi...
Protests over the rape of a five-year-old girl erupted in Delhi on Saturday with people staging demonstrations at various places in New Delhi including the residences of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Police Headquarters.
Demonstrations were also held at AIIMS where the girl is undergoing treatment and outside the Gandhi Nagar police station where policemen allegedly showed laxity in dealing with the case.A The protests started in the morning with a small crowd at Police Headquarters demanding stringent action against policemen, but as the day progressed, it grew to a few hundreds.
The demonstrators tried to enter the police headquarters at regular intervals by breaking the barricades but a heavy posse of security personnel stationed there prevented them.
Activists of BJP, CPI(M), CPI, AAP, AISF, AIYF, SFI, ABVP and other organisations were part of the protest.
There were protests at AIIMS also. In the afternoon, a group of protesters marched to Mr. Shinde's 2-Krishna Menon Marg residence demanding the sacking of Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar. They dispersed later after a memorandum in this regard was submitted to his office.
A group of people from Lok Raj Sangathan and Naya Daur Party also staged a protest outside Gandhi's residence demanding the sacking of Mr. Shinde.