Rashtriya Lok Dal to contest AP local body, LS polls
Union Minister Ajit Singh's Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) would contest the upcoming local body polls in Andhra...
Union Minister Ajit Singh's Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) would contest the upcoming local body polls in Andhra Pradesh and subsequent general elections. "We are going to contest these local body elections, as well as parliamentary and assembly elections," he said. The number of seats on which the party will contest would be decided by its local unit, he clarified. Reiterating RLD's support for the demand for Telangana, Singh said even his father late Charan Singh had favoured formation of smaller states. He also said UPA allies have supported the Telangana demand and it is for the Congress party to take a call on it. Asked if his party would ally with Congress in Andhra Pradesh too, he replied that it is too early to say about poll allies for RLD. He, however, said his party may not ally with BJP, which is in the forefront of the separate statehood stir. He felt that it is unlikely that a solution came about for the contentious Telangana issue before the term of the present Lok Sabha concluded. "I intend to discuss with Congress leaders next week, because of Ghulam Nabi Azad's announcement recently," he added. Mr. Azad had reportedly indicated that consultations would be held to address the Telangana issue this month itself.
- Charge sheet filed against accused in Bandipora rape case
- Muslim family in UP names newly-born son after PM Narendra Modi
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit
- Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh planning to set up permanent bases in eastern India: Home Ministry