- Munawar's festive avatar in 'Legacy' poster
- Education Ministry, FIFA to make football more accessible to both boys and girls
- ‘BJP scared’: Police manhandled party workers, says Abhishek Banerjee
- One killed, 22 injured as Hyderabad-bound bus overturns in Goa
- Delhi court sends NIA's 'most wanted' terrorist Shahnawaz to 7-day police remand
- Injuries a problem for Spanish sides in Champions League action
- Jungles in poll-bound MP throwing up guns: Pistols worth Rs 75 lakh seized within a month
- Air India's San Francisco flight, once diverted to Russia's Magadan, cancelled on due to operational issues
- China’s economy could be regaining momentum after major slowdown
- Moderate tremors felt in parts of North Bengal; no damage reported
Yellow Commandos reign in Star Cricket
Kurnool: It was entertainment that was on par with the ongoing Indian Premier League, both in terms of the game and providing value to the...
Kurnool: It was entertainment that was on par with the ongoing Indian Premier League, both in terms of the game and providing value to the spectators. At the end of the day, Yellow Commandos annexed the fourth edition of the hugely popular Star Cricket League exclusively featuring small screen actors before a sell-out Sunday crowd in Kurnool.
Batting first against Blue Riders, the eventual titlist posted a respectable total of 133 in the stipulated 12 overs. Sudeep starred while top scoring with a quick-fire 80 runs in the summit clash. However, Blue Riders found the target too hot to handle and could only manage 104 runs for the loss of seven wickets.A In earlier showdowns, Yellow downed Green by 27 runs while Blue Riders thrashed Red by 10 wickets to qualify for the title clash.
Eventually, there was no winner per se because the actors had come to provide entertainment. Needless to say, each of the participants accomplished it to noticeable levels.
Later, Minister for Minor Irrigation, T G Venkatesh handed over the winner's trophy and Rs 50,000 prize money to the Yellow Commandos. HMTV and The Hans India Editor-in-Chief K Ramachandra Murthy and Kurnool District Collector C Sudershan Reddy jointly inaugurated the tournament.
Brief Scores-Final: Yellow Commandos 133 for two (Sudeep 80) bt Blue Riders 104 for seven.