- West Indies's Dowrich announces retirement, pulls out of ODI series with England
- BJP looks set to return to power in Rajasthan
- Congress set to wrest Madhya Pradesh from BJP
- Congress leads BJP in Chhattisgarh: Exit Poll
- ShiftED 2023, Hyderabad: Breaking Barriers To International Education
- Dixon’s Rs 256 cr Noida facility to manufacture Xiaomi smartphones
- AAP is set to launch its "Main Bhi Kejriwal" signature campaign from December 1st
- World Aids Day 2023: Date, Theme, History, HIV/AIDS Treatment, Prevention, and Myths
- Food Future Foundation and Country Delight Promote Children’s Health
- Two terror modules busted at Handwara in J&K
Smoke-free award for Guntur SP
Guntur: J Satyanarayana, Guntur Rural District Superintendent of Police, was presented with `Special Tobacco Control Champion State Award-2012' at a...
Guntur: J Satyanarayana, Guntur Rural District Superintendent of Police, was presented with `Special Tobacco Control Champion State Award-2012' at a function held in Hyderabad on Wednesday.
He was rewarded for his contribution in securing recognition to Guntur district in the effective implementation of statutory laws to control tobacco use. He played crucial role in keeping the district ahead in the State in strictly following the guidelines on tobacco products including cigarettes and ghutka.
Under his supervision of tobacco-control measures, Guntur was awarded `Smoke-free District-2012' under the National Tobacco Control Programme.
He received the award from Poonam Malakondaiah, Director of Family Health, and Jayasudha, Secunderabad MLA at the special programme arranged at the Indian Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Vengalarao Nagar.