Norms for investment limits by foreign portfolio investors relaxed
Capital markets regulator Sebi relaxed its norms for clubbing of investment limits by wellregulated foreign investors The move came after the board of Sebi approved a proposal in this regard
Capital markets regulator Sebi relaxed its norms for clubbing of investment limits by well-regulated foreign investors. The move came after the board of Sebi approved a proposal in this regard.
Currently, the foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) are treated as part of the same investor group and the investment limits of all such entities are clubbed for deriving the investment limit as applicable to a single FPI, in case of the same set of ultimate beneficial owners investing through multiple entities.
Under the new norm, multiple entities having common ownership, directly or indirectly, of more than 50 per cent will be treated as part of the same investor group and their investment limits would be clubbed, the regulator said.
- Two killed in Jammu and Kashmir landslide
- Jet airways suspends operations of 13 int'l routes over rentals non-payment
- Congress announces 35 more candidates for LS polls, Raj Babbar gets Fatehpur Sikri
- BJP releases 2nd list of candidates for upcoming Lok Sabha polls
- Peaceful atmosphere must, PM Modi tells Imran Khan