Up your fashion quotient
It has always been a dilemma to decide what to wear on important ceremonies, especially when it’s about your friends’ wedding. When it comes to women, there are thousands of fashion guides helping them with deciding from a huge range and variety of attire they can go for.
Dear men, this wedding season steal the show with your style
It has always been a dilemma to decide what to wear on important ceremonies, especially when it’s about your friends’ wedding.
When it comes to women, there are thousands of fashion guides helping them with deciding from a huge range and variety of attire they can go for.
But as weddings keep taking place almost round the year, men can find it hard to decide what to wear as a wedding guest or as the best man of the groom.
Their options are always limited to stripped kurtas, sherwanis or suits. Moreover, a wedding demands more than one set of clothes, especially when it comes to different seasons.
One has to make sure that the attire suits the weather and that the person carrying it off is comfortable in them.
So here are some top fashion trends handpicked for men to make heads turn at any wedding event in style:
- Go light in white: Day weddings are a dream with all the sunlight, flowers, contrasting green grass and a colourful setup. An off-white blazer with off white linen pants can make you a total eye candy among the guests present at your friends’ wedding. To complete the look, you can further accessorise with nerdy spectacles.
- Revamp the ethnic get up: Ditch the traditional gaudy sherwanis. Instead, pick a shorter version of it and pair it with a pant as a lower or a dhoti to give it a more traditional look. A short bandh gala coat with a colourful pocket scarf will be a perfect look for any formal wedding function, be it the engagement, reception or wedding.
- The brown magic: For all the informal wedding functions this season, ditch the Indian outfits and instead pair a plain crisp white slim fit shirt or bright blue shirt with beige or brown coloured pants and formal shoes in the tone of brown. You are all set to attend an outdoor morning function, a bachelor’s get together or an after party.
- Create Indo-western magic: Confused whether to go desi by wearing a sherwani or look dapper in well-fitted western formals? This wedding season, combine both. Wear a long kurta with western style pants or if you want to keep it stylish without looking overdressed, you can always don a solid coloured linen blazer over a white kurta and pants. You can pick a Nehru coat, which represents our cultures’ couture and pair it with a yellow shirt and brown pants to flaunt your flamboyant style.
- Time for some Afghan flavour: Eager to flaunt your biceps that you have been working on for months in the gym at the wedding? Well, then an Afghani suit is your ultimate outfit that will allow you to show them off with your sleeves folded up. You can either wear it on the haldi or Mehendi ceremony and the sangeet night to grab a lot of female attention.
By: Jainam Kumarpal
The writer is founder and fashion head atBhu:sattva