Dunham’s hair-rising adventure
Actress Lena Dunham says she will \"never forget\" when she cut her hair for the first time at the age of 12 as it left her with a buzz of \"adrenaline\" and feeling \"more alive\".
Actress Lena Dunham says she will "never forget" when she cut her hair for the first time at the age of 12 as it left her with a buzz of "adrenaline" and feeling "more alive".
"I will never forget the first time I cut my own bangs: the power, the adrenaline.
"I was 12 years old, standing in the fluorescent light of my parents' bathroom with a pair of orange-handled craft scissors, unaware that
I was standing on the precipice of self-definition. The sound of the first chop, thick and harsh, was thrilling," Dunham wrote in her column for vogue.com, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"I watched my hair pile up in the sink, then looked into the mirror: I had given myself blunt, successive layers that resembled a staircase headed to nowhere. Nothing about the haircut could have been perceived as skilled, fetching, or even sane. But I had never felt more alive," she added.
- Villagers boycott voting in Firozabad over development
- Kanimozhi distributing cash to voters during campaigning: V Abdullah Sait
- Central forces working for BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- Wave in favour of BJP giving sleepless nights to opposition: PM Modi
- Not any single party but NDA will form government after Lok Sabha polls, says Sanjay Raut