Top

Minority body demands ‘judicial powers’ to Wakf

Minority body demands ‘judicial powers’ to Wakf
Highlights

Demanding protection of Wakf properties, All India Muslim Minority (AIMM) organization asked the State government to fulfil its promise of providing ‘judicial powers’ to the TS Wakf Board for ensuring arrest of further encroachment of precious lands.

Hyderabad: Demanding protection of Wakf properties, All India Muslim Minority (AIMM) organization asked the State government to fulfil its promise of providing ‘judicial powers’ to the TS Wakf Board for ensuring arrest of further encroachment of precious lands.

Speaking to media persons on Wednesday, AIMM chairman Syed Mukhtar Hussain held that until and unless the Wakf Board is provided with judicial powers the land sharks would continue to encroach the lands. He further asked the government to digitize the 45,000 acres of land which came to light during TS Revenue Survey.

He asked the authorities to ensure transparency and maintain records of the lands which have been marked as the Wakf lands. “We also demand the Telangana government to take possession of the Wakf properties from the land grabbers and protect the Wakf Board properties worth Rs one lakh crore,” he added.

M A Siddiqui, former director AP State Minority Finance Corporation said that only 20 per cent of the budget is utilized out of 1,305 crores budget (2017-2018), while the remaining 80 % budget went back into the TS Treasury. He hoped that this financial year Rs 2,000 crores will be released

Show Full Article
Print Article

Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories