- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
- Salman Khan to host Big Boss OTT Hindi
- Hyderabad to host convention of global wedding planners
- Telangana stands 3rd after Kerala in Health Index ranking- NITI AAYOG
- SEB seizes 7222 kgs Ganja
- Telangana: Minister launches website for enrollment of traditional occupation beneficiaries
Mexico shooting: 2 sent to police custody
Two persons were sent to custody and questioned by the police in connection with a shooting incident at a Mexico City restaurant, which claimed five lives last week
Mexico City [Mexico]: Two persons were sent to custody and questioned by the police in connection with a shooting incident at a Mexico City restaurant, which claimed five lives last week.
CNN quoted an official with the city's Secretary of Public Security Office saying on Sunday that more arrests are expected as the investigation is currently underway. He added that the motive behind the shooting is yet to be ascertained.
On Friday, a group of men, disguised as musicians, started indiscriminate shooting in Mexico city's iconic Plaza Garibaldi, leaving people frightened and scurrying for cover. While five people were killed, several others got injured in the incident.
The attack happened when the place was flooded with locals and tourists, with musicians playing their instruments during Mexico's Independence Day celebrations.
The shooters fled the scene on motorcycles after the attack and are still absconding. It is still unclear if either of those people being interrogated is a suspect in the shooting. According to officials, three men and two women died in the incident whose ages ranged from 22 to 46 years.