- Doctors blame junk food for rising heart problems among school-going kids
- PLtechnicals Daily Morning Report
- Spotify lays off 200 employees in podcast division
- Rambha birthday special: Actress who ruled for almost two decades
- Apple expected to reveal mixed-reality headset at developer conference
- Train crash: Odisha to bear transportation cost of bodies
- Embark on a Transformative Journey in Business Leadership with MIT-WPU's Integrated Business Management Programme
- 360LIFE, A Leading Real Estate Developer Celebrated WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
- CEAT Celebrates World Environment Day
- Hansal Mehta shares his ‘cardinal rule’ while crafting characters
Floor collapse injures 30 in US Clemson University
At least 30 people have been injured when a floor collapsed during a party held at the Clemson University in the US South Carolina, police said
New York: At least 30 people have been injured when a floor collapsed during a party held at the Clemson University in the US' South Carolina, police said.
The Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity annual homecoming party was just getting started on Sunday when the floor gave way, the BBC reported.
Some of the attendees broke bones as they fell from the common area into the basement of the off-campus apartment complex. Videos of the collapse posted online showed graphic footage.
Emergency responders were at the scene in minutes, and 23 people were taken to hospital.
"The beat was about to drop and literally the whole floor collapsed," student Larissa Stone told Greenville News. "People are hurt. People are bleeding. I had blood on my sneakers. It was really bad."
"Everybody was jumping, next thing you know... I can feel myself falling," attendee Leroy Pearson told news channel WSPA-TV. "I blacked out, and there (were) girls everywhere with blood all over their face."
The "Clemson Student Affairs is working to determine how many of those injured were Clemson students, and to notify other institutions if one or more of their students were in attendance", the varsity statement said.
The building where the party took place at the Woodlands of Clemson apartment complex was reportedly built in 2004.