- Vigilance Dept officials are threatening officers, alleges Atishi
- Karnataka delegation in America: Holds talks with RTX, and Intelsat to explore collaborations
- iPhone 15 Scam Alert: India Post Doesn't Offer Any Gifts Through Links
- HC reserves order on Chandrababu Naidu’s bail plea in Angallu case
- The greater the animal husbandry, the greater the country's wealth and economic progress: CM
- Lokesh as accused in Amaravati Ring Road case
- Amit Shah arrives in Amritsar for Northern Zonal Council meeting
- Calcutta HC allows DA protest rally in front of Abhishek Banerjee’s office
- We do not have water to release as much as TN has asked for says DCM DK Shivakumar
- Congress dubs PM Modi as a “certified liar”, says BJP conceded defeat before polls
Turkey cracks down on online gaming, seeks nearly 400 arrests
Turkish authorities have issued arrest warrants against nearly 400 people across the country for their alleged involvement in illegal online betting, Istanbul police said on Friday
Istanbul: Turkish authorities have issued arrest warrants against nearly 400 people across the country for their alleged involvement in illegal online betting, Istanbul police said on Friday.
The crackdown targeted 394 suspects in 40 cities -- 207 of them in Istanbul, the police said in a statement.
They are charged with violating the law on online gambling, with some three billion lira (USD 570 million) channelled through the bank accounts of 72 companies and the suspect individuals. Turkey has strict legislation on gambling. The authorities meanwhile run a state lottery and betting service in a country where football is the most popular sport.