- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
Form special teams to implement central schemes, Khammam MP tells officials
The MP and District Development, Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DISHA) Chairman, Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy directed the officials to appoint special teams from various departments for taking all the welfare schemes to the people introduced by the Central government.
Khammam: The MP and District Development, Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DISHA) Chairman, Ponguleti Srinivas Reddy directed the officials to appoint special teams from various departments for taking all the welfare schemes to the people introduced by the Central government.
The MP chaired a review meeting along with Mahabubabad MP Sitharam Naik and District Collector D S Lokesh Kumar on the implementation of various schemes in the district introduced by Centre, at Technical Training and Development Centre (TTDC) in Khammam on Tuesday.
Speaking at the meeting, the MP, P Srinivas Reddy, advised the officials to take necessary steps for getting huge amounts of funds from the union government for implementing its various schemes.
Under Employment Guarantee Scheme, about Rs 55.77 crores was spent till date for the year 2017-18. Under Deen Dayal Anthodhyaya Yojana as many as 60 CRPs were given training to learn Hindi language by establishing Neighbourhood Centres by investing Rs 5 crores along with organising job melas, informed the MP.
Under National Security Pension Scheme, about Rs 52.09 crores were spent till date for issuing pensions to about 1,62,596 beneficiaries present in the district. Under Prime Minister Awas Yojana, about 3,600 houses were sanctioned in the first phase for the district. The MP ordered the officials to complete the construction works as early as possible and hand over the houses by identifying the real beneficiaries along with submitting the reports.
Under MP Lads, about 349 works were completed under District Rural Water Supply Department by investing Rs 131.05 lakhs. For constructing pure drinking water projects in the city under Amruth Project, about Rs 5 crores was sanctioned along with sanctioning seven parks as part of city beautification.
Several number of proposals were sent to the Central government for the implementation of various other projects successfully in the district. It is the responsibility of the officials to form special teams for taking all the central welfare schemes to the people, he advised.
MLC Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy, City Mayor Dr Papa Lal, District Rural Development Officer V Muralidhar Rao, Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Parishad Marapaka Nagesh, City Municipal Commissioner B Srinivas, District Educational Officer Vijaya Lakshmi Bhai, Lead Bank Manager Shirppani Naik and mandal presidents, sarpanches and others were present along with others.