- KCR to appoint in-charges for all Assembly segments soon
- Tirupati: Sri Ramachandra Hosp to provide healthcare services in Sri City
- NEET PG cut-off reduced to zero
- Rajamahendravaram: Awareness run on AIDS organised
- Vijayawada: Insurance coverage increased for APSRTC employees
- Linking Aadhaar with electoral rolls not mandatory, EC tells SC
- Vijayawada: Government sanctions Rs 30 cr for sports infrastructure development
- Boeing eyes for more orders of warfare aircraft
- Punjab gangster killed in rivalry in Canada
- Canadian visas suspended
Cops told to wear helmets
Deputy Superintendent of Police SM Ali has directed that all police officers riding motorcycles should also wear helmets lest they face severe action from the department.
Kothagudem: Deputy Superintendent of Police SM Ali has directed that all police officers riding motorcycles should also wear helmets lest they face severe action from the department.
Addressing the media persons here on Thursday, the DSP said the police personnel were forgetting simple but important thing like wear a helmet because of their busy schedule and round-the-clock work.
“To prevent head injuries, one must compulsorily wear helmets,” he said, adding that policemen and officials must set an example for road users by wearing helmets. Also, he appealed to people to wear helmets.
“If people found driving two-wheelers without wearing helmets, their vehicles will be seized,” he said, adding that the vehicles would be released only on the production of receipt of the purchase of a helmet.